My English language editing service is ideal if you need someone to closely examine your article, leaflet, contract or other text. I will look at your content in detail and make or suggest improvements.
I can work on a standalone English text, or I can compare an existing English translation to its Spanish or French source version.
I offer the following three types of editing:
(1) a finished (‘clean’) document in which all my changes have been implemented
(2) a ‘track changes’ document in which my suggested changes appear alongside your original version so that you can choose whether to accept or reject each change on a case-by-case basis
(3) a ‘comments only’ document where I do not change your text but instead I simply insert comment balloons containing my suggested changes, which you can review individually and then edit your document as you see fit
how does it work?
If you have a document ready for editing, please email it to me together with the following information:
- which of the above three options you would like to select (clean/track changes/comments only)
- whether your document is a standalone English text or a translation of another document
- purpose of the edited document (e.g. for information or reference only, for publication on a website, for in-house business use)
- desired delivery date and time, if known
- any other specific requirements you may have, or anything else you feel may be relevant (e.g. American spelling needed)
I will then take a look and give you a free, no-obligation estimate of the costs and time it is likely to take. The estimated cost will cover all editing that would be needed to produce a final version to suit your purpose.
I will rarely increase an estimate unless you add more pages to your document at a later stage, or the purpose for which you need it changes significantly.
Once I receive the final version of your document and you accept my final quote, I can start editing. The length of time this takes will depend on the length and complexity of the text. I will give you my expected delivery schedule when I provide the estimate. I will do my very best to meet any deadlines you have.
If you have any questions please get in touch.